My Other Blogs...

My Other Blog/s...

Project 365/Life (Everyday photos) Barb's Bite Sized Notes

To enlarge photo, double click image.

(All photo's are © copyrighted by the author)












Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Military Honor

This past Sunday I went to Boalsburg where they had a military honor for the fallen soldiers. Boalsburg is about a 15 minute drive from Bellefonte. The army held this ceremony at the military museum. The army had their tanks, helicopters and played Taps along with honoring each branch of the service. If you want to read about Taps go here: http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/taps.htm
I'm sure their is alot of other sites you can read about Taps but this one seemed like a good reliable site.
In this photo they are firing off three canons to honor the fallen.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that the tree in the foreground kind of frames everything and acts like your shield....

Lori said...

It must have been a touching tribute to the fallen soldiers. Isn't Boalsburg one of the places where Memorial day was first started? Those cannons must have made a lot of noise! Great photo!

Anonymous said...

Last month, at my father's funeral Taps was played along with a military gun salute from the local VFW. I was very touched by the tribute.

iBlowfish said...

I like the picture. it represents in many words.

Kate said...

Cannons look like they could be pretty lethal.

Jing said...

is it a trend to shoot the cool army??
hehe...
thx for your nice comments.
and its a nice framing photo...
look at the sky~~and those coool soldiers.

jing

Coy Hill said...

Great composition & subject. This is one of the best photos you have posted! Great capture!!!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I love things like that -- wish I had been there

TORUĊƒ DAILY PHOTO said...

Very moving!

Kalyan Panja said...

A wonderfully captured shot!

pusa said...

nice shot, for a while i thought you were covering the war in iraq

Anonymous said...

it is as if they're in a battle field, the set-up is so real. I like the angle you've taken!

My Other Blog - "Everyday Life's Issues"

My Other Blog - "Everyday Life's Issues"
Life's issues whether it's weight loss, decluttering, or anything else.

My "Craft it Wednesday" Meme Blog

My "Craft it Wednesday" Meme Blog
Post a craft or hobby each week on any day.