My Other Blogs...

My Other Blog/s...

Project 365/Life (Everyday photos) Barb's Bite Sized Notes

To enlarge photo, double click image.

(All photo's are © copyrighted by the author)












Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Honored

"Freedom is Not Free"
These are my family members who has served in the military.

Here's my dad who served in the 131st National Guard Transportation Co. He drove supplies to the front lines and was in charge of a squad and ended as Corporal. He served in the Korean War from 1949-1952 Earned 3 Bronze stars.

My son was in the Marines. He has his thumb up on this photo because he just bought his new puppy at the time. He got out of the service a little over a year ago. When he got out he was Lance Corporal.

I don't have a photo of my husband when he was in the service unless I'd scan it in and I don't have a scanner. He was in the Army and served with the military police. He served in the military from 1985- 1988. Served one year in Korea.

To all the military branches and the families who has had military members in the service or does now. Our family salutes you.


A Poem from another site...
by Autumn Parker

I am a small and precious child,my dads been sent to fight..
The only place I'll see his face,is in my dreams at night.
He will be gone too many days for my young mind to keep track.
I may be sad,but I am proud. My daddys got your back..

I am a caring mother. My son has gone to war..
My mind is filled with worries that I have never known before.
Everyday I try to keep my thoughts from turning black.
I may be scared,but I am proud..My son has got your back..

I am a strong and loving wife,with a husband soon to go.
There are times I'm terrified in a way most never know.
I bite my lip,and force a smile as I watch my husband pack..
My heart may break,but I am proud..My husbands got your back..

I am a soldier..Serving Proudly,standing tall.
I fight for freedom,yours and mine by answering this call.
I do my job while knowing,the thanks it sometimes lacks.
Say a prayer that I'll come home. It's me whose got your back.

------
I have also posted some reenactment Memorial Day photos from Boalsburg here at my other blog site: http://lv2scpbk.blogspot.com

13 comments:

Chuckeroon said...

Wishing you and yours well.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed my visit to your blog today.

I have some good news:

The three baby robins are on their way to Meet the World. I miss them already. It was quite an emotional experience.
Brookville Daily Photo

Janet said...

Very nice tribute to your family for Memorial Day. Thank you to your family members for serving.

Forrest Preece said...

A very moving entry, Barb. My hat's off to you and yours.

Bergson said...

The blogs of the USA show only memorials these days
Can you explain us why

Annie said...

Barb, you honor your soldiers so nicely today. Would that we all do the same.

Beetle said...

It is very touching Poem...All the best to you and your loves one

photowannabe said...

Touching tribute to your family and all service men and women.
Freedom isn't free.....
So true.

alice said...

I have been living for ten years in Lorient which is a Breton town where there were many soldiers especially in the navy. In France, we have no longer military service and, as mother of a 16 years old boy, I must say I'm happy for that.

talj said...

All the very best to you and yours today {{HUGS}} xx

~tanty~ said...

A very touching poem. Love it. Wishing you and your loved one all the best.

Coy Hill said...

Lovely tribute to the veterans in your family. Thanks to families such as yours who answer our nation's call we all enjoy the freedoms we so much cherish.


Thank you

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

My family, too, is full of military history. I love the photos you have here.

My Other Blog - "Everyday Life's Issues"

My Other Blog - "Everyday Life's Issues"
Life's issues whether it's weight loss, decluttering, or anything else.

My "Craft it Wednesday" Meme Blog

My "Craft it Wednesday" Meme Blog
Post a craft or hobby each week on any day.