My Other Blogs...

My Other Blog/s...

Project 365/Life (Everyday photos) Barb's Bite Sized Notes

To enlarge photo, double click image.

(All photo's are © copyrighted by the author)












Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yellow Flower -Tulip Or Poppy


I believed this flower is a poppy. Most of you are telling me it's a tulip. I did find on the Internet a flower called a "tulip poppy".

And, if you'd like a trip down memory lane, visit my other blog here: http://lv2scpbk.blogspot.com for Thursday Thirteen.

6 comments:

RaleighKat said...

Hello, from Katonah, NY. I think it's a tulip. Poppies have many more leaves, almost in layers, and an entirely different leaf.

Dan Allen said...

I only know red poppies (and, in fact, I'm posting a photo of some tomorrow).

But a nice photo, anyway, whatever it's called.

Rose said...

It's tulip--poppies are entirely different. Google poppies, and then click on images if you want to see the difference. Their petals open out flatter, the center of the flowers are different.

but it is still a nice photo...

JK said...

ya; a tulip by any other name

Tom said...

I think what gives this away is not so much the leaves aswhats on the inside. check out the inside of any tulip or poppy and you will see the differance. One is for sure .. it's a beautiful flower.. :O)

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)

My Other Blog - "Everyday Life's Issues"

My Other Blog - "Everyday Life's Issues"
Life's issues whether it's weight loss, decluttering, or anything else.

My "Craft it Wednesday" Meme Blog

My "Craft it Wednesday" Meme Blog
Post a craft or hobby each week on any day.