My Other Blogs...

My Other Blog/s...

Project 365/Life (Everyday photos) Barb's Bite Sized Notes

To enlarge photo, double click image.

(All photo's are © copyrighted by the author)












Sunday, March 2, 2008

Verizon


I was going to save this photo for ABC Wed. but I seem to be running out of pictures. It's too cold for anyone to be standing outside to use this Verizon telephone. At least when they used to have booths you could get out of the wind, now you have to stand out in the cold.

5 comments:

Neva said...

WE just don't see pay phones around here anymore. they have all been removed or vandalized.

imac said...

Ringgggggggggggggggggggg
ringggggggggggggggggggg.

Hello??
Nice photo there.

Nice to be back in Blog - Land.

Clueless in Boston said...

I remember phone booths too, but they have been gone a long time. Remember the scene in the first Superman movie when Clark Kent needed to shed his clothes to become Superman? He was looking to change and he looked at a phone like this one and shrugged and went and changed in a revolving door.

Tom said...

We still have our Phone Boxes over here.. and plenty of the Old Red ones are still in use. Vandals still targt them all... but the thing me and Jane have noticed is that it is now so rare to see them in use. Everyone as mobile/cell phones. All the kids have them so we no longer get loads of kids crammed in the boxes.
There might soon be a relic of the past.

JAM said...

Pay phone altogether are disappearing. It seems strange to see an older movie where you see several of the old full phone booths. The cell phone has taken over so fast it's amazing to stop and think of the huge cultural change they made.

My Other Blog - "Everyday Life's Issues"

My Other Blog - "Everyday Life's Issues"
Life's issues whether it's weight loss, decluttering, or anything else.

My "Craft it Wednesday" Meme Blog

My "Craft it Wednesday" Meme Blog
Post a craft or hobby each week on any day.