My Other Blogs...

My Other Blog/s...

Project 365/Life (Everyday photos) Barb's Bite Sized Notes

To enlarge photo, double click image.

(All photo's are © copyrighted by the author)












Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Governors honored in Bellefonte




I couldn't post these photos without you seeing all the governors names who had at one time lived or worked or learned in Bellefonte. They put up this to honor those governors and it sits in front of Talleyrand Park. In case you can't see the names: Andrew Curtain Gov. PA 1861-1866; James Beaver Gov. PA 1887-1890; Daniel Hastings Gov. PA 1895-1898; William Bigler Gov. PA 1852-1854; William Packer Gov. PA 1858-1860; John Bigler Gov. CA 1852-1856; Robert Walker Gov. KS 1857.

2 comments:

Annie said...

What an auspicious town, to have nurtured seven who became governors. Hopefully all were truly servants of the public good.

nowhereman said...

Hi there....its so exciting to see a blogger from center county.... great pictures there....looking forward to seeing your blog.... goodluck!

My Other Blog - "Everyday Life's Issues"

My Other Blog - "Everyday Life's Issues"
Life's issues whether it's weight loss, decluttering, or anything else.

My "Craft it Wednesday" Meme Blog

My "Craft it Wednesday" Meme Blog
Post a craft or hobby each week on any day.